Wednesday 21 September 2011

A mini-update

Hello again


I'd set today aside as the day I'd write another post, convinced I'd have lots to say and things to update you with but I realised this morning that's probably not the case.


Don't get me wrong, I could easily spout for a page or so about all things great and small, but I know that wouldn't be fair to you as readers and so I'll attempt to be concise.


I'd chosen today specifically as I'd had my diabetes check up and I'd had physio straight after.  I thought there'd be a lot more bloggable information than there probably is but I'll give you the highlights and try to explain what this means for the training.


Diabetes appointment went really well - they seem to be pleased with the progress I've made since I decided to sort my life out a bit.  I won't get a definitive answer as to how it's going (i.e. a blood test) until December but I came away feeling positive and with a few tips to bear in mind.


Physio went OK too which is about what I expected.  I've had four appointments now but I've seen three difference physios in that time so I feel that my continuity of care (for want of a better phrase) isn't quite there.  They work incredibly hard and I'm very grateful for the time they give me, but it would be nice to see the same person every time.  I think that'll settle down soon though.


They've continued to advise me to stay away from impact exercise, so running is still off the table in the short term but I'm hoping for the go ahead to do some light jogging (or even brisk walking!) next time around.  I think the swimming I've been doing has helped a bit, but I actually feel like I've had more pain this last week or so than I have in quite some time.   Perhaps that means my joint is starting to free up a bit.


If you dip into my tweets from time to time, you'll know I'm going away for a few nights this weekend - specifically to Las Vegas.  It's somewhere I've always wanted to go so I'm very pleased I've finally got the chance.  I'm not sure what it means for the diet but I'm going to enjoy myself but without resorting to excess - I think that's what a holiday is supposed to be about.  I'm also looking forward to taking some (hopefully) impressive photos to remember it all by (this is my Flickr account).


One last note, I lost anther 4lbs this week so I'm standing (proudly??) at 198lbs - it's the first time I can remember being under 200lbs for a while now so hopefully the walking up and down the Strip in Vegas will keep the weight off.


As always, if you want to get in touch or fancy a general chat, I can be found on Twitter as @Broomowl or mail me on broomowl@gmail.com


Thanks for reading.  Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment